Check here for community events & job postings!
Interior Designer (Temporarily Remote/Hybrid)
Portland Maine area Architecture and Interior Design firm seeking full-time Interior Designer.
Our award-winning Architecture and Interior Design firm is looking to add to its growing team of design
professionals. With a collaborative approach to project design and management, the firm embraces the idea that
great architecture is the product of great relationships, and that starts with its employees. With over a 25-year
company history, the firm has cultivated a hardworking, passionate, and sociable work culture in an open office
environment. While currently working entirely remotely, we expect and hope to return to our open design studio
atmosphere as soon as we can.
We offer schedule flexibility, commitment to professional development and a full suite of employee benefits.
Located just outside of Portland, in Scarborough Maine, our office is located on Route One with on-site parking,
easy access to the Eastern Trail and is close to popular restaurants and shops.
The successful interior design candidate requires excellent leadership, communication, presentation and
interpersonal skills. The position provides opportunities to collaborate, design and coordinate throughout all
aspects of projects with teams internal and external to the firm. The ideal candidate is able to efficiently multi-task
independently while continuing to support and contribute to project teams.
Successful Candidates Must Have:
• 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design
• 4-6 years of commercial experience
• Working towards or NCIDQ and Certified Interior Designer
• Experience in all phases of a project including programming, schematic design, presentation
materials, preparation of design and construction documents, renderings and construction
administration activities under routine guidance.
• Competency in interior design drawings and specifications, industry standards, application of building
codes, finish material selections
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, open office environment and remotely as required
• Proficiency with an array of design technology including Revit and AutoCAD
• Knowledge of rendering design technology a plus but not required
• Ability to prepare thoughtful and strategic solutions for Projects
• Ability to effectively participate as a member of a team
• Experience in preparing Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (FFE) packages
• Strong visualization and presentation graphics from concept design to delivery of construction
Professional education is required. Candidates with proficiency in designing multi-family housing and corporate
facilities will be considered a priority over other candidates. Compensation commensurate with experience.
264 US Route One Building 100 Suite 2A, Scarborough, ME 04074 | Phone: 207.774.4441 |